Sunday, January 23, 2011

Flu Season is NOT Over: Repeat, Flu Season is NOT Over

Flu Season is NOT Over. In fact, it has barely begun!


...and you do not want to end up like little Johnny here.

Did You Know...
-that the flu season actually peaks in February to the end of March? Yikes, it is not even February yet. I bet most of you just brought your boots and freshly tuned skis back to school after Christmas break--do you really want to miss out on the year of la nina because you're sick with the flu?

Don't ski? Well, the flu is not fun for anyone. I just recently had knee surgery after I tore my ACL during my last rugby game of the season so I will be missing out on ski season, but since I got my flu shot, I am also missing out on flu season.

Did You Know...

-the flu lasts about ten days! Bummer.

Did You Know...

-this year's flu vaccine almost perfectly matches the most common flu strain this year?


THE FLU IS AFTER YOU. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?

Health Services can help. Flu shots are still available for $10. The flu vaccine is effective within two weeks, so get yours today! Best $10 ever spent.

Feel free to make an appointment or walk in anytime between the hours below. Cash, check, and KnightCard payment is available.

Hours of Service:
Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday 12:00-4:00pm

Visit
www.cdc.gov/flu for further information.

No comments:

Post a Comment