Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Grand Premier!


Hey there, I'm Ellen and this would be my blog! This blog will be a little different from the other
St. Mike's blogs. This will be about the Health Services office on campus-what they do, what they have to offer to students, and what they think you should know!

Why am I blogging about Health Services?
Besides enlightening the St. Mike's campus with the latest, most pertinent health information, I am currently interning at the
Health Services office this semester as a peer health educator and the blog is my little project.

So...why?
After graduation, I am heading out to Colorado to continue school. One day, someday, I will be Nurse Practitioner. A major part of being a NP is placing a great focus on patient education. This will be a great hands on way for me to experience and ease into the work of a NP!

What does my internship entail?
Well, my internship is actually a work in progress. Wanting to be a Nurse Practitioner, I thought it would be perfect to intern right on campus alongside the NP's, RN's, and staff of the Health Services office. There has never been an intern at Health Services before, but I thought I would ask anyway and they welcomed me with open arms. St. Mike's has a number of opportunities and locations for students to intern (great experience and great resume booster!). Check out the
SMC Internship site for more info.

What is there to say about Health Services?
So much! There are actually a number of services that students do not know about and I plan to showcase those services right here in this blog. This blog will also have entries on a wide range of topics including winter wellness, flu season, nutrition, exercise, recipes, alcohol and drugs, stress management, home remedies, STI's, yoga, sun protection, and a bunch more.

No comments:

Post a Comment