Sunscreen, Spring Break, Sunscreen, SunscreenNot sure if you saw the Health Services table in Alliot on Tuesday during lunch, but I was handing out FREE SUNSCREEN! Why? Well, who doesn't love something free! Especially something free that could potentially save your life, or at least help you prevent major wrinkles when we get older.
Important to Note: you DO NOT need to be in Florida to protect your skin. Skiers? Just think of how much closer you are to the sun as you reach the summit. It is the same sun, all four seasons.
So for those of you who are not going somewhere warm, or skiing, or never plan on leaving the indoors-keep this in mind for summer! If it ever comes :(
- -Use sunscreen with at least a SPF of 15, UVA and UVB protection too is idea
- -Apply sunscreen 30 minutes prior to sun exposure
- -Wear a hat and when possible a long sleeve shirt and pants to protect your skin
- -Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours, especially after swimming and sweating
- -Don't forget about your ears, nose, throat, lips, back of hands, and top of feet! ouch
- -Be careful between 10am-4pm, sun is by far the strongest between those hours
- -Don't tan, Just don't...
- -Choose sunglasses with 100% UV protection
Looking for something easy?
Buy a daily moisturizer that already has SPF in it.. that way you don't even realize you are putting it on and that tends to be a lot lighter than many sunblocks.
So basically... wear your sunscreen.
Check out this old school song if you want-very relaxing, chill form of meditation.
Check back soon for more skin protection/skin cancer info!